- 1 May 2013
- 25 March 2013
- 6 February 2013
OHS Salutes 2010 New Product of the Year Winners
San Diego, CA. - Sixteen companies win top honors in the magazine's second annual contest, with trophies and ribbons handed out Tuesday at the National Safety Council Congress & Expo in San Diego.
Editor Jerry Laws and other staff members from Occupational Health & Safety presented trophies and gold ribbons Tuesday to representatives of the 16 companies that won the magazine's 2010 New Product of the Year Awards. This second annual contest attracted a new high of 42 products in 17 award categories, with an independent panel of three highly qualified judges choosing the winners.
"Our New Product of the Year contest recognizes innovation, quality, and excellence in customer service by many leading manufacturers in the safety and health industry during its biggest U.S. trade show of the year," Laws said. "We received so many strong entries this year that our judges must have been challenged, because they worked right up to our deadline and their scores were extremely close -- with a tie score producing two winners in one category. I congratulate all of the entrants on their fine work and thank them for participating. We hope they'll enter again in next year's contest."
Every entry in the 2010 contest was a product introduced to the market between Aug. 2, 2009, and July 2, 2010. The judges were:
- Linda J. Sherrard, MS, CSP, safety director and workers compensation administrator for the North Carolina Department of Justice (Raleigh, NC) and former technical editor of OHS.
- Joe E. Beck, professor, Eastern Kentucky University Department of Environmental Health Sciences (Richmond, KY) and a member of the OHS editorial advisory board.
- Barry R. Weissman, REM, CSP, CHMM, CHS-V, CIPS (Piscataway, NJ), who is certified in Homeland Security at Advanced Level 5 and is a Certified Infrastructure Preparedness Specialist, a Fellow of the Institute of Hazardous Materials Managers, and a member of the OHS editorial advisory board.
Award winners, the categories in which they won, and their winning products are:
- 3E Company: EHS Software, MSDgen
- 3E Company: MSDS Management, Online MSDS
- 3M: Hearing Protection, Noise Indicator NI-100
- 3M: Respiratory Protection, Ultimate FX Full Facepiece Reusable Respirator FF-400
- All Star Incentive Marketing: Incentives, PROPEL for Wellness
- Summit Training Source: Online Training, Summit Elements
- TSI: On-site Training, PortaCount Academy
- Nilfisk: Industrial Hygiene, CFM S3 Industrial Vacuum Cleaner
- Accuform Signs: Signage & Identification, RE-Plastic
- New Pig Corp.: Hazmat Safety, PIG Sheet
- MCR Safety: Vision Protection, ForceFlex Protective Eyewear
- Ironclad Performance Wear Inc.: Hand Protection, KONG Waterproof
- Jordan David: Foot Protection, Spare Spike
- Elvex: Head Protection, Tectra Safety Helmet Model SC-50
- P Squared Innovations: Fall Protection, Sidewinder Cable Protection System
- Heat Relief Solutions: Heat Stress Prevention, The Cooling Station
- Ashburn Hill Corp.: Protective Apparel, TECGEN SELECT brand protective garments with Insect Shield
- Salisbury by Honeywell: Protective Apparel, Weight Balancing Arc Flash Protection Face Shield - AS1200HAT
In addition to being honored in the exhibit hall of the Congress & Expo today, the winners are featured on Occupational Health & Safety's industry-leading website, http://www.ohsonline.com, and will be highlighted in the magazine's December 2010 issue. All entries were showcased in the September 2010 issue, as well. The magazine is distributed to 80,100* subscribers monthly and at key industry trade events. Its website is visited by thousands of safety and health professionals daily.
*BPA Worldwide Circulation Statement, June 2010
For more information, please visit www.TECGENSELECT.com.
About Ashburn Hill Corp.:
Ashburn Hill Corp., based in Greenville, South Carolina, with manufacturing in Angleton, Texas, is dedicated to bringing innovative protective apparel solutions to the industrial and firefighter markets. With their patented TECGEN® fiber, AHC has developed the next generation of flame-resistant garments, including products such as TECGEN XTREME™ coveralls. Through their unwavering commitment to 'Advance the Science of Safety,' the company is developing products that increase industrial and firefighter workers' comfort and meet and exceed regulatory compliance standards. For more information, visit www.TECGENFR.com.